Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trip to Port Townsend Between Wind and Tides

I delayed my work trip to Port Townsend on Monday due to the high winds. I was able to make the trip yesterday from Keystone on Whidbey Island across to Port Townsend. There were still logistical issues with the ferry yesterday due to tides with all the late afternoon and early evening runs canceled. So no time to Christmas shop on Water Street.

But a nice trip with minimal wind and sunshine after a very dark moring with snow flurries in Bellingham. Just a trace of melting snow on the grass in the shady spots up on the hill above the Port Townsend waterfront.

Had a nice view of the Indian Island munitions dock (indian-island-us-supreme-court-case).


And I always enjoy seeing my hometown's name on the ferry.

No comments: