Monday, August 22, 2011

Folds and Beer

When I began my blog experiment with notes and observations on the Washington landscape along with a few occasional deviations such as the recent posts on Butte and hail on the plains, I found that there is a community of sorts of other geology bloggers. I check up on AGU blogs including Callen Bentley's Mountain Beltway every week of so. Callen recently completed a year of posting what he calls Friday Fold friday-fold with pictures of folds both small and large. Will and I were traversing through an area of granite injections with gneiss/migmatites inbetween and along the margins and I saw this nice little folded pegmatite vein in a block of gneiss.   


After a rather long hard physical day, I took advantage of being located near one of my favorite beers, and I would note that highway8a.blogspot (Looking for Detachment), another blog I check up on routinely includes beer pictures.

1554 at the end of long day

After today I head back to the lonely country.


2 comments:

Callan Bentley said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Dan!

Silver Fox said...

Thanks, indeed! And that reminds me that I'll have to dig up some geobeer pics. :)